Saturday 21 June 2014

'Developing' by Amy Mackelden

I take a photo with you, each time I meet you, to see how much you've changed. Separated by months of online only, phone call talking, our album isn't conventional. We change our hairstyles often. We're clothes eclectic. Our expressions are priceless: frowning, sarcastic.

I wonder how long we've got, how many more moments we'll catch before we're gone, when we don't know each other anymore. First time round, we were more sincere, I can see the blue yolks of your eyes, in my hard copies.

Now, we're authentic, it's complicated, unsustainable, a corner shop next to a Tesco, a cinema not selling food. So I take a photo with you. Knowing we're not forever; only the evidence is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FlashFlood is OPEN for submissions until 27 April 2024!

FlashFlood is OPEN for submissions from 12:01 a.m. BST on Sunday, 21 April to 23:59 BST on Saturday, 27 April 2024. You can read our submi...